Your backpack is a constant companion during college. You’ll be forgiven for thinking you’re like a snail during your college years, carrying practically your home on your back. But what should be in your backpack?
1. Your Wallet, Because You Need It All the Time!
The last thing you want to do is agree to go out for lunch with a group of friends after class only to discover you left your wallet at home when it is time to pay the check. Be smart and keep it close at all times!
2. Your Keys, Because They Literally Hold the Key to Your Life!
Being a college student often means that you end up going out on the spur of the moment a lot, so make sure that you can always get back home safely and successfully but throwing your keys in your bag before you leave.
3. Your Headphones, so That You Can Hide behind Them
It is vital that you have a pair of headphones to hand, because they are the perfect accessory for when you don’t want to be bothered. Just throw them on and nobody will approach.
4. Your Laptop, Because You Never Know when You Might Need It
Even if you weren’t planning on giving a presentation or typing an essay out that day, your laptop could come in handy for taking notes in a class that you didn’t expect to be learning so much from etc.
5. A Flash Drive, Just in Case Your Other Tech Fails
It’s always a good idea to have a copy of all your important assignments on a flash drive in case your laptop breaks or the Wi-Fi in your school building isn’t working.
6. Notebook, Because Tech Isn’t Always Appropriate
If you just need to jot down a few simple notes, it’s so much easier just to do it the old school way instead of taking out your laptop just to write two or three bullet points in to a word document.
7. Pens and Pencils, Because You Can Never Have Too Many
One of the most annoying student feelings is when you grab for a pen only to find that you haven’t got one. Always keep a healthy stash of stationery in your bag so you never get caught cold.
8. A Planner, Because the Best Students Are Organized Students
Sure, you might have small app on your phone that you can use, but having a nicely decorated, physical planner is much more pleasant.
9. Some Trail Mix, to Keep That Energy Going between Classes
It’s handy to have some healthy snacks available to munch on, because learning is tiring. Having some trail mix to hand will stop you from making bad junk food choices.
10. Sanitary Products, Because Your Cycle Doesn’t Always Play Ball!
The last thing you want is to start your period unexpectedly and not have any pads or tampons to hand. Always keep an emergency stash with you, and then you can help other girls out too.
11. Kleenex/Tissues, Because You Can’t Trust School Restrooms
How many times have you gone to the bathroom at college without checking the toilet paper holder first? Well, if you have some tissues in your bag, you don’t need to worry about being caught out.
12. Hand Sanitizer, to Stay Germ Free during the Day
When using public restrooms during the day, it’s good to have a mini hand sanitizer in your bag to be able to stay as fresh as possible.
13. Umbrella, Because Your Hair Was so Perfect This Morning!
The last thing you need on the morning of a long day at college is to get drenched unexpectedly on your way in. Pack an umbrella and you never have to worry about damp hair again!
14. Phone Charger, Because Running out of Battery is the Worst
It’s 2016; you couldn’t possibly go through half a day with a dead phone! Make sure that tragedy never occurs by throwing your charger in your bag.
15. Fitbit Charger
If you are one of the many millions of people who have joined the Fitbit revolution, then you will know that it would be a disaster to run out of charge in the middle of the day. Your steps would count for nothing!
16. Hair Ties, in Case You Want to Switch up Your Style
If you trying to really study hard in the library but your hair is getting in the way, then simply pull out a hair tie and switch to the trusty ponytail!
17. Water, Because It’s Essential to Stay Hydrated
A full day at college can be really exhausting, so make sure to keep yourself hydrated by having a bottle of water in your bag at all times.
Sounds a lot! Who knew you needed so much?